Tired of the Same Snacks? 5 Fresh Ideas
Need SOS from the same old boring snacks? These satisfying treats will cure cravings, and they combine delicious sources of protein and fiber to fill you up.
• KALE CHIPS are all the rage lately. Try the trend yourself by buying raw, fresh kale. Remove stems and lay out evenly on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Cook at 350 degrees until crispy, about 10 minutes.
• Air-popped POPCORN is much healthier than the cinema version, and you can dress it up with any flavoring. Use butter-flavored cooking spray to get that movie taste without all the calories!
• EDAMAME makes a perfect, protein-rich snack, and a half cup will only set you back 100 calories.
• Another trendy tidbit is AVOCADO TOAST. Take a piece of multigrain toast – or whatever bread you like – and smear half an avocado on it. Top with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and enjoy!
• Satisfy a sweet tooth with skewers of FRESH FRUIT, drizzled with chocolate syrup.